Thread: [WIP] Kirkbride Insane Asylum 3d Level Design for Mystery Game in Blender.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default [WIP] Kirkbride Insane Asylum 3d Level Design for Mystery Game in Blender.

I'm picking up where I left off in my WIP mapping thread since the 3d modeling has begun. Figured I'd post model work here and map work there. Here's an update to the modeling. This is the work ward on the male side with windows and doors properly cut out/in. It was another great learning experience, and I'm really picking up this blender thing. Unfortunately, the quickest way i could discover to do the windows was to use a boolean operation, which means I'll have my work cut out for me when I work on the full wards and admin levels and such. Boolean requires quite a bit of clean up after the fact, but nothing I can't handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dWIP_02.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	101919

So, even though this is a small section and only used in one other place (the female side) it was a good test, which I'll probably keep. I'll do an actual ward next since I have a process. That part can be re-used 16 times (8 normal, 8 mirrored).

Edit: Bonus test image of work ward duplicated to three stories. This ward will only be on the ground story though...there will be another slightly different layout of this on 2 and 3 but it shows the scale of the ward with the windows and doors in. No ceilings or floors yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dWIP_03.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	101920
    Last edited by Robbie; 12-02-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin