Thread: The Khanate of Katlam

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Map The Khanate of Katlam

Katlam is a rich country, favored by nature ... and therefore envied by its neighbors.
    Over the centuries the various Khans have built defenses and infrastructure to improve the wealth of the country ... but the enemy is never far away and looks for the slightest opportunity to seize this beautiful country...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khanat of Katlam 11.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	10.44 MB 
ID:	102124

Made on Procreate on Ipad, then on Photoshop for the labels ... some difficulties with the cartouches then with the definition of the parchment ... Thanks to all those who commented on the WIP that one can find here, you have well helped me and given a great motivation!

The map is astounding, Joel ! Congrats on the fine tuning

Great map! The overall feeling is really pleasant and I love all those cities!

Beautiful map with gorgeous colours. I love the city drawings and defensive wall structure. They're so well done.

Just great work all round.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

What a beautiful map. I love the way the river bends and where the cities have been strategically built on them. You really immersed yourself in this one!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

This is rad. I love the unique little cities. They add so much flavor and make it easy to imagine all the different city personalities.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Nice job on this Joel!

Missed the WIP, but it's a lovely piece you've made here: great colours, neat city symbols and just a darn pleasant design!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The map is astounding, Joel ! Congrats on the fine tuning
    Thanks ! You helped a lot for that !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! The overall feeling is really pleasant and I love all those cities!
    Thanks Ilanthar, I enjoyed drawing those little details... And it gave me idea for another project !

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Beautiful map with gorgeous colours. I love the city drawings and defensive wall structure. They're so well done.

Just great work all round.
    Thanks a lot Cheakpea ! As usual on my maps, there are some defensive walls...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentCartographer View Post
    What a beautiful map. I love the way the river bends and where the cities have been strategically built on them. You really immersed yourself in this one!
    Thanks... All the points of interest jumped in my mind before I started to draw. I think I just added the two chains-tower after having drawn the coastline, but the whole story was there at first

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane View Post
    This is rad. I love the unique little cities. They add so much flavor and make it easy to imagine all the different city personalities.
    Thanks ! I tried to play on the colors too, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense on the architectural point of view... I just wanted to underline whom the city belongs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nice job on this Joel!

Missed the WIP, but it's a lovely piece you've made here: great colours, neat city symbols and just a darn pleasant design!
    Thanks a lot ! The whole map was rapidly made, but it took a long time to add the labels, find the right border and most of all, adjust the parchment...