Map-45
The Moonwheel Islands & The Salt Web

Let's get this project started. I have a lot of ideas for this map that will tie into what I started but left unfinished for Guild City a year ago. This will be a long term project as I am trying to learn how to draw Asian style mountains like @Azelor used for his Kingdom of the Clouds as well as trying to use VUE Landscapes for the insets that I am imagining. Updates will probably be sporadic and as I figure out how to implement the ideas I am thinking about.

Theme:
Late Qing dynasty Wuxia style with an wuxia/Asian inspired East India Company dominant.

Cultures:
  1. Desert culture based on salt deserts
  2. Rivers and Valleys culture - wuxia inspired
  3. Coastal culture - the contemporary headquarters of the Moonwheel Company
  4. Island caldera culture based on Polynesian islands

Overview:
The geography implies a massive ancient volcano caldera that create the huge island ring. The land is seeded with minerals from the volcano and also contains a large abundance of salt in the deserts, mountains and culture of the coast that created ancient salt fields. The mountains also contain some deposits of metals like copper and iron that were used mainly as weapons in the wuxia culture until the Moonwheel Salt Trading Company arose recently.

The economy evolved from trade between the four main cultural regions. The polynesian influenced islanders were master navigators and explored extensively bringing back exotic ideas for trade (this would eventually inspired the Moonwheel Company). The rivers and valleys were master crafters as well wuxia martial artists. The harsh desert has own unique mystique and mythologies.

The region contains an Ancient Wonder of the World as well as a Modern Wonder. The Ancient Wonder is an massive stone outdoor installation similar to Easter Island. Mysterious because the stone type does not match the stone on the mainland.
The Modern Wonder is the Salt Mountain Caves that look like:
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/m...jpg?1420510192
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/m...jpg?1420510191

###Latest WIP###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoonWheel-Islands-Trial-Country.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	822.4 KB 
ID:	102156