Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about mapping streets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city idea.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	102251

this is the closest image i can find as to what i want, especially the fortress in the upper left hand side of the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cille layout copy.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.60 MB 
ID:	102259

and this is the best i have been able to come up with with photoshop so any help would be great

That is pretty good already. I assume you have several layers?
    The more the better usually.

The fortress only?

The battlements could probably be done easily using illustrator paths and create some sort of pattern you can repeat over long distances. . I'll have to check.
    You can also use paths with the feather is PS and curve it to make the towers battlements.

They added a texture on the roofs. You can add texture using the layer options or you can place one on the web manually using a mask layer on top of the roof layer.

yes i have 6 layers right now in that picture and as far as layer masks i have no idea where to learn about them and how to use them basically that is the extent of my knowledge in photoshop right there.

while i have you do you have any ideas about how to get random lines that look like city streets cos all the ways i have found are point and click or use a generator and the streets just look unnatural to me.

This website randomly generates a vector-graphics town with a couple of clicks, so you can see what one looks like. I don't think it's very close to the look and feel that you want though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekaido View Post
    yes i have 6 layers right now in that picture and as far as layer masks i have no idea where to learn about them and how to use them basically that is the extent of my knowledge in photoshop right there.

while i have you do you have any ideas about how to get random lines that look like city streets cos all the ways i have found are point and click or use a generator and the streets just look unnatural to me.
    You could use a texture.

@Non Serviam that is what i used for the map i posted and the streets dont look natural to me the seem a bit to straight

@Azelor know any good places to pick up textures as the ones i have do not have any lines?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12