Thread: Official Guild Discord Server!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It seems to suck on the BB juice at a steady rate of about 1MB every minute, which is quite a lot for an app in 'idle' state. I was quite surprised at the amount it was guzzling.

I know its Discord that's doing it, since the moment I shut it down the meter stops going around on its own. It only moves then if I refresh a page, or open a new one.

Unfortunately, to make up for the loss of an entire GB against my daily allowance by reducing my usage to an absolute minimum, I've had to stay away from the Discord site altogether, and block the adverts on this page for a while.

I will be back on Discord in my browser in a couple of weeks time - when I'm not so 'overspent' on my BB account.

Guild Apprentice

Not sure if it's different on Mac or Linux but on windows you can:
    open the discord app and go into your user settings (bottom right the little gear icon) Select "Windows Settings" and under "System Startup Behavior" the first option should be "Open Discord" if it is currently to the right click on it to turn it off and discord should no longer open on startup. Good luck!

-P