I know I said I couldn't start this until after the first of the year, but I needed to take a break from the gift making, and I was bored just sitting at my computer, so I started fiddling around with my country.

Since my color wash map https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=39980 seems to be well received, I decided to continue refining and tweaking by using the technique for this map, Yilseudor. I thought it would work well for the guild world map.

I discovered that Mike Schley's Inks is not the only black and white symbol set available for cc3+, so this map is going to be a lot different from the first. The symbol set I'm using this time is much bolder than Mike Schley's delicate lines, so the color tints need to be a little more intense as well. I'm also keeping in mind that the rivers and lakes in my Cordeauna Island map were a little too washed out, so I'm doing something a little different with them this time. Instead of the bluring and trancparency I'm using a much smaller edge fade with soft glow effect the same shade as my rivers and lakes. this will soften the edges, without washing out the color tint too much. I'm also using multiple color tints to show the varying elevations. This with a different parchment base, I'm using one of Mouse's parchments, should bring a different color palette than the one I used before. I don't know how these differences are going to turn out... but it should definitely be interesting!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yilseudor3.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	102339