Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online google maps based map maker

Quote Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
    I seem to recall maxing out the number of markers in a layer at some point, so there may be a limit. But, as I said, that was a few updates ago. I couldn't quote a number to you- you might have to google around a bit to get an answer.
    yes limit wont work for me. its 100 markers and i need like 1000s per layer...

How about making a separate map for each of your "groups"?
    I thought about that too. Maybe ill go with Zeemaps since google is def not for me.
    But still missing many things from my list...

For a free webmap creator i would strongly advise you to try UMAP.
    It's free, based on open streetmap data, and really easy to learn. I personnally use it at work with peoples who need to digitize spatial data but have no technical skills.
    http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/
    If you have lots of markers to depict, umap has a cluster function that is pretty usefull when you have to show lots of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    For a free webmap creator i would strongly advise you to try UMAP.
    It's free, based on open streetmap data, and really easy to learn. I personnally use it at work with peoples who need to digitize spatial data but have no technical skills.
    http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/
    If you have lots of markers to depict, umap has a cluster function that is pretty usefull when you have to show lots of points.
    On a first look it appears to be most promising site so far.

Thanks. Ill look more into it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12