Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

By MistyBeee
    I don't see why this would be too large, but you're the one knowing how it should look ! ^^
    Very true . I think it's a bit large according to the reference map, or it's just in my mind .

I'm practicing. Not sure the dots works for the forests.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1349.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	131454

Other tests. With a less subtle topography.

Name:	IMG_1351.JPG 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	131467

I decided to start a proper sketchbook... with a mandatory sketch .

Name:	IMG_1353.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	131495

Seeing the mapvember tag, I wanted to do a quick test to relax... and as usual did things in a way they canno't quickly done. Might try to finish it sometime later, though.

Name:	bridge.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	131724

Julien, you claim this takes time and I believe you but the mark of true talent is to make a hard task look easy and you seem to be delivering all the gems that appear in that thread and everywhere else with ease and definitely with elegance. This is absolutely amazing mon ami !

By ThomasR
    Julien, you claim this takes time and I believe you but the mark of true talent is to make a hard task look easy and you seem to be delivering all the gems that appear in that thread and everywhere else with ease and definitely with elegance. This is absolutely amazing mon ami !
    Thank you very much my friend ! Sometimes, I think I might appear as a whiny & ever grumpy guy . Well, the main thing is that I'm on too many things at a time, and it's kinda paralyzing and enforcing the feeling of lacking time.
    I'm always starting those kind of tests thinking "I'm gonna do a little sketch", pretty sure I'll deal with it in a couple of hours... and just did the main outlines in that time.

I did a bit more today (maybe around 1.5 more hours of work on it, same as yesterday). Can't decide how to do the damn bridge without making it too crowded with details.

Name:	bridge.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	131742

I spent quite a lot of time trying to get the correct calc to be able to do the ephemerides in my Eldoran world.
    Here's the result for the city of Lhùntiel.
    Rise & Set of Ylleïon & Ljos. Same for the 3 moons.

Name:	Ephemerides.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	131818

Beautiful picture! How do you calculate the ephemerides? Is there a mathematical formula?

How is your map you showed before coming along? The bridge and the whole setting is looking epic (and a little bit terrifying).

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Beautiful picture! How do you calculate the ephemerides? Is there a mathematical formula?

How is your map you showed before coming along? The bridge and the whole setting is looking epic (and a little bit terrifying).
    Thanks !
    Yes there is a base formula for the length of the day according to the latitude. For the second sun and the moons, I also have to consider the different cycles, angles and distances...
    Pretty much complex in the end. I actually forgot to consider some factors in the previous picture. Here's the correct one, plus one in the south hemisphere, same day.

Name:	Ephemerides.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	495.9 KB 
ID:	131843 & Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ephemerides2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	495.5 KB 
ID:	131844
    I didn't do anything more on the bridge map... It was a test and I've been stuck on other things. I may work on it later, but that's gonna be these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Other tests. With a less subtle topography.

Name:	IMG_1351.JPG 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	131467
    Like the left one the best. Never came across that kind of hill shading - looks great.

Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast