Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Thanks a lot, MistyBeee! Well, I'm way more comfortable with digital drawing myself... Proof with this update with some botch on new towns and a failed test for crops (I miss my Ctrl+z!).
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0984.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	106105
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 04-03-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: I do hope it's gonna look better when scanned...

Guild Expert

It looks great Ilanthar, I want to try some hand drawn mapping myself and this is very inspiring. I hope you’ll do more like this I think it’s awesome. And I like that you’re posting up pictures of some of the characters from you’re worlds I wish more people would do this.

Oh Ilanthar! Its lovely - full of hand drawn charm

Thanks, Kacey ! Truth be told, it's the hand drawn maps I've seen here lately that pushed me to try. For me, it's both really pleasant and hard in the same time.
    Concerning the characters, I'm glad you're liking it. I may post a more finished series of the different sentient species then.

Thanks, Mouse !

Some more, with a rocky desert test and some too big cities...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	IMG_0987.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	106127

Drawing is done, except if I add something in the waters.
    Just the shading now, then I'll scan it.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	IMG_0988.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	106130

That looks sharp. Gonna have to keep an eye on this one.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Oh ! Love the addition of the cliffs side-view at the bottom !! (and your lizard is super cute too ).
    As a victim of the horror vacui that strikes the map makers from the beginning of times, I think I would be nervous about all that empty sea and would try to add some delicate and discreet rhumb lines, maybe...?

Thank you both!

@Greason Wolfe : the hand drawn part is coming to an end... I'll see what I can do about labels and possibly colors on computer.
    @MistyBeee : héhé, the cliffs at the bottom is directly due to J.Edward's influence. And I hope you'll like my sea monster because I didn't thought nor had courage for delicate rhumb lines .

So, some good things, some failures (at least in my opinion). The shading is pleasant to have on paper (because it looks more "finished" without the need of some numeric work), but I think that I'll mostly do it by hatching next time. I'm not really convinced by it right now...
    Still not a scan, because it appears I can't access my epson scanner from linux... (the funny thing being that I can't access the same epson printer from windows !).
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	106158

I think we are going to have to ban you from using the computer in the future!

This is wonderful. I just can't get over why you don't always draw your maps this way

Huh... I think I get better results with the computer (and it's a fairly new one, remember)! But thanks, Mouse .

I can't get a proper scan... So I tried a better picture, but it's still blurry.
    I tried to improve it a bit. And with some touches of colour & old paper.
    Not sure of what works and what don't at this point...

Name:	LoCsp.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	953.4 KB 
ID:	106185

Name:	LoC.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	106189

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast