Thread: Legend of Ransera-Original World Map

Default Legend of Ransera-Original World Map

Note: This commission has been taken. However, due to posting restrictions it would appear that I cannot edit the tag to reflect as such. Thank you for your time!

Greetings and Salutations!

Thank you for taking a gander at my commission request! I’ve been dithering about the Cartographer’s Guild website admiring the maps on and off for a fair bit of time. This is the first time I’ve actually made an account on the website however. I do this because I find myself in need of the skills of one of the many wonderful cartographer’s found in this community! If you are interested in taking up my commission, please read further. Please, read carefully. Thank you for your time!

Project Scope

Geographical Map- A large geographical map showing the environments of an original world.

Territory/Landmark Map- A map showing the borders of different kingdoms that annotates various landmarks, cities, etc.

Examples of maps that have caught my attention.

Setting

"We thought to harness the power of the gods. We thought to command the cosmos. We killed them all, never realizing that in doing so, we had condemned ourselves to the same fate."- Rikon Grimheart, Archmage of Daegos Kaitel, City of Spells

For ages beyond memory, the Dragon Gods ruled the cosmos, forging the Heavens, the Hells and all realms in-between. They crafted the mortal races blessing each with a drive and spark of their own. Some were good. Some, not so. All saw to the Balance of Creation. But in the Age of Wonders, there were those who grew arrogant and sought to command the power of the cosmos for themselves.

The greatest lords of the age forged the Heartstones, relics capable of making the power of the gods their own. Seeing their folly, the gentle Dragon Goddess Raella the Lifemother tried to dissuade them from this path. Seeing her wisdom as meddling, the great lords turned their relics upon her and in so doing, slew the Mother of Mercy. Thus proving that a god could be killed. The world...would never be the same again. So began the Heavenswar. Whether it was for a single year or a thousand, none truly know. But in time, the Heartstones were used to kill every god that once stood mighty. Last to fall was the mighty and just, Eikaen the Lightbringer. With his death, came the slow doom of the world.

The Dragon Gods were gone and the world slowly began to crumble into madness and destruction. Terrifying beings of dark and twisted power rose up from the ashes of the Heavenswar, seeking to consume tall life in their path. With them came the Dread Mists and the Mistspawn Hordes. Realizing they would fall if not united, the very relics used to slay the gods and doom the world were used to save it. The great war, the Sundering of the World, left an already tattered land that much more broken.

By its conclusion, the Mistlords, the godlike entities that commanded the Dread Mists were driven back. Now, mortals have reigned over their own destinies for over a thousand years.

This is the world we have made.

This is Ransera.

Copyright

All work created depicting the characters of or works related to the world of Ransera are the exclusive copyright of myself, Baylien J. Brown. Upon agreeing to this commission you, the illustrator, surrender all ownership and rights to, and of works depicting said characters and world material unless given expressed written permission from myself stating otherwise. Full credit for the artistic rendering of the world of Ransera is to be given to the illustrator by way of mention in any published materials. This does not confer copyright ownership in any form unless directly stated in writing.

Deadline

Completely flexible. I want to encourage an open dialogue between myself and the illustrator. At every turn, artistic input is going to be vital to the pacing and feel of this project. At times, even more so than the writing. With that being said, you the illustrator should never feel as though you are being treated unfairly, inhumanely, unreasonably and poorly. If at any point in time these feelings are felt, you are entitled to terminate our working relationship regardless of the status of pending works. I, Baylien J. Brown, am not entitled to a refund for services rendered under these circumstances if they are legitimate. Discussion is vital between myself and you, the illustrator. So please, communicate in a clear and concise manner any and all discrepancies, issues or feelings so that they can be resolved in a professional and respectful manner.

Payment

$200, upfront, payable via PayPal invoice upon agreement to commission.
    $100, upfront, for the surrendering of all copyright ownership.
    $300, upon the completion and delivery of completed commissioned maps to the satisfaction of both parties.

Total: $600.00

Failure to deliver the completed commissioned works agreed upon by myself and the illustrator entitles me to a refund. I stress communication and the establishment of realistic timelines that can accommodate a busy lifestyle on both our parts. This is a slow, evolving project. Take your time and be straightforward about hiccups along the way.

Contact Information

Baylien J. Brown
    E-Mail: optimist(dot)projects(at)gmail(dot)com
    All inquiries for this specific listing should be titled: Map Project ICO <Your Name Here>
    Last edited by DecidedOptimist; 12-26-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Taken.

Thank you so much to this community. This commission has been filled.