View Poll Results: Would you like to map a competitive sporting event?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm game for this

3 100.00%
  • No thanks, I'd prefer a snooze on the couch

0 0%

Thread: Map a competitive sporting event

Default Map a competitive sporting event

Create a map based on a competitive sporting activity. I'm willing to define 'sport' pretty loosely, but it should be an organised event, the kind of thing that people come to watch, with some sort of prize or distinction awarded at the end.

The 'sport' can be real life, or fantasy. It can be anything from an Olympic sport to something you made up, so long as it's clear what's happening. You can map the route or venue of the event, show where spectators gather, include some detail on the sport (perhaps basic rules, info on the contestants, what prize is awarded etc etc).

Examples...

A race of some kind (car, bike, marathon, swimming, boat, interstellar)
    A stadium or arena event (ball games, horse/chariot racing, gladiator fights)
    An alpine sport in a snowy mountain resort
    A golf course, jousting tournament, or a kids' Egg & Spoon race down your local park
    An Elvish archery event, a Dwarven axe-throwing competition (or maybe a drinking contest in a mead hall), or a game of Quidditch
    Other rather more esoteric examples would be the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Extreme Ironing (I would, quite frankly, love to see this!) or England's greatest ever sporting event: The Cheese Roll.

It's pretty wide open to interpretation and I think we could see a good variety of maps.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I was thinking about suggesting a contest to map living/moving things because it's not something we see very often. It could be a good idea.
    Personally, I would consider mapping Ysgard.
    Last edited by Azélor; 01-05-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Mmmmm... How about mapping a race around the planet? may it be real or fantasy. It includes both a kind of sport and some type of movement.
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**