Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Jan/Feb '18 Lite Challenge: Hidden Vault of The Cinder Sea

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

getting an awesome fallout vibe from it. with the lettering.. maybe just a tad lighter for the green glow.. like radiation glow kinda thing haha

My critique, take of it what you will. Overall I think this looks great.

As for as your title and lore, I think in your last wip the title does crowd the lore box. The previous one that was right justified also seems unbalanced. I would move the title to the left of centered on the border between the right edge and the box. If it were directly centered between those it would look very static. I think the text in the lore box looks ok, somewhat tight but readable.

I do think the Gulf of Desot title is crowded by the box, and I think it's meant to look like the box is placed over top but it looks planned, either move the Gulf title to the right or move it to the left and intentionally cover part of the G.

Also, your hand drawn trail could be tweaked some. The written Here! should maybe match the rest of the hand written text. The hand written text also may look better if it was a little free-er, it look too font-like. The trail itself doesn't look like it was drawn with the same pencil that labeled the trail.

Im sorry if this is nit picky but I think a few of these little details will really make a positive impact. If you disagree, I still think the map turned out very good. I like the lore and the style very much.

Excellent. Will be incorporating tonight, posting tomorrow. Won't likely be able to post an update after tomorrow night.

A couple of variations...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0 B Post 2.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	9.44 MB 
ID:	104424

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0 B Post 1.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.76 MB 
ID:	104425
    Last edited by Daistallia; 02-11-2018 at 11:07 PM.

I found a place named "Hard Place" and spent the next few minutes looking for "Rock". hahahaha

Great map!
    ~ whisper

Quote Originally Posted by whisper_my_name View Post
    I found a place named "Hard Place" and spent the next few minutes looking for "Rock". hahahaha
    LOL - DAMMIT! That would have fit well in the naming, too.

Personally, my favorite nameon the map is "Ugly Bride".

Quote Originally Posted by whisper_my_name View Post
    Great map!
    Thanks.

Preferences of the last two? I'm leaning towards the 2nd.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

This is a super cool map with an original atlas style and so many mysteries in the text! Would be a fun RPG campaign or novel setting for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane View Post
    This is a super cool map with an original atlas style and so many mysteries in the text! Would be a fun RPG campaign or novel setting for sure
    Thanks!

After consideration, going with the first variant as my final WIP, unless anyone thinks the 2nd one is better...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123