Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tún Vareg - City Map

This looks absolutely amaizing Blaidd. Looking forward to see coloured version
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Just spotted the Cartographer's Guild

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It is breathtaking !
    I feel you ! I spend the afternoon cleaning a direct to ink project with few pencil marks but on dotted paper ... Had to erase all the dots and it's a bit tedious ...
    Thanks!
    That's annoying, isn't it? Were he dots in a different colour, or just as grey as the pencil? I recently figured out how to use the "Black & White" adjustment to filter colour out in Photoshop, which made me really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Yesssss, you put windmills on some of the towers! Looking pretty great, by the way.
    Of course! It's the Dutchman in me And thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    This looks absolutely amaizing Blaidd. Looking forward to see coloured version
    Thanks! And voilà
    Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Just spotted the Cartographer's Guild
    ^_^

Latest and maybe final update. I'm going to let this one cool down for a bit now. I started out with very desaturated and light colours but (as usual) it became darker and brighter over time. Right now, I'm so blind from staring at the map that I can't really see if this is what I really wanted or whether or not it looks okay. Especially light/dark contrast between grass and water is troubling me a bit - they seem to be equally bright.

Any comments/criticisms? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TunVareg_wip15_CLR.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	104469

The simple rose is astoundingly effective ! The ribbon is masterfully shaded and I love your toned down colors. One thing I'd do differently is the streets. For me they either need texture or color.

Thanks for your advice on black & white adjustment. I tweaked the scanning process and the dots in the lineless areas have been erased or greatly blurred out, the problem are the dots in the areas where the linework is dense. For these, as I want to keep the ivory background, I'll have to be patient

It looks so cool Brian
    Not that I figured anything else with you behind the wheel, or pencil.. pen.. whatever. ;P

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is looking gorgeous! I love how you manage to keep your colours toned down yet very to the point. Linework is awesome
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 02-14-2018 at 04:04 AM. Reason: totally overlooked the fact that there were already several pages!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Calling it done! I made a few minor changes based on the feedback I got. Thanks for the help and support!

Awesome! Your line shading is beautiful. I love tiny detail and feel your pain about drawing straight lines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123