Thread: Fantasy continent map from 30 year game

Map Fantasy continent map from 30 year game

Project Scope:
    Long time tabletop RPG project being converted to Word Press for online publishing. All materials are free, uses its own set of rules and adapted for D20. I can provide links and copy/paste from previous materials to flesh out the world/planet, the main [eastern] continent referred to as “The Steel Realms” (or ‘the realms’). The world is about 165% the size of terra-earth. I have complete hand drawn scans of the full continent in multiple files. I have lots of copy/paste high level of detail files used in 20 years of adventures written for the world. Scale is embedded on the map already. Have a hand drawn detailed map of the main lands drawn in 1988 and modified over time using Paint - thats the extent of my skills and i want to bring things to life. I am open to suggestions and input from those who know what they are doing.

Setting:
    Fantasy world set in a custom multiverse/cosmology. Gritty realism is the world design - epic heroes die young. Light, dark, good, bad, law, chaos… these things shift and change… doing right is often caught up in ideology.

Design Concept:
    Continent level detail of the main continent - the eastern lands/Steel Realms. A few disasters (not natural) have left their mark on the land. Map would ideally include layer for outline, terrain, road and places. No detailed assessment of the feasibility of the shape and features has ever been done - i am open to changes if it seems ridiculous or if its missing rivers or features to explain terrain.
    Style: https://i2.wp.com/mephitjames.wdfile.../Khorvaire.jpg
    - really i'm open to looks and styles... i want it nice but its primary function is to convey information

Number of maps:
    Initially single map of eastern continent. Only detail of the western side of the continent - the settled side - is necessary.
    Would like a detailed map (including villages and named places) afterwards of one specific Duchy (Dunstrand) - if it can be covered by current scope fine, if not perhaps a separate commission.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Svg or png files - something that will scale well
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with Publisher.
    Publisher will have the right to use the image and derivatives for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio or example but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Deadline:
    None specific - i'd like to have it in a couple months if possible

Payment:
    This is a dream realized for me. I have no idea the effort it takes, but i am open to changing parameters based on time - either in my favor or against me… again, no guidance in what to expect. I have set aside $800; can pay $150 up front into a Paypal account to start. Balance due on delivery.

Contact
    Kelly Berger
    templeorder(at)gmail(dot)com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srlm-map-hand.gif 
Views:	179 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	104329  

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hello Kelly, and welcome to the Guild! You've got mail.

Hey Kelly

I may be interested in your project. Have a look at my portfolio and if you like anything send me an email to talk more.

Cheers
    Rafal
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Hey Kelly, I have send you an email! (:

Probably not the style you are looking for but in case ... I could be interested in that commission .

Post Taken

I will definitely be going with one of the many responses i already have. Thank you all

Hi Kelly, very interested in your commission! I sent you an e-mail with links to my work.