Thread: Transparent graph paper

Default Transparent graph paper

Does anyone have any "graph paper" where it's like a transparent photoshop layer,
    with only the lines visible? For overlaying on an existing image.
    Square, hex and isometric would be awesome

There are some links in this thread. RobA linked to a site here that seems to have what you want.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

You could always fork out $6 for Cumberland Games, Hexpaper Pro available on DrivethruRPG. This is a font you install and allows you to create virtually any grid you want. It also comes with a massive booklet (secured PDF) of pre-made grid paper. I'm sure it will be of use to you. Oh, and the purchased font includes a commercial license for producing anything other than grids. I highly recommend it.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

In GIMP any graph paper can be made transparent so you only get the grid by adding a Multiply blend mode to the layer its on to make all the white on that layer invisible. I am assuming that this is also possible in PS?

If the lines are too faint to make a mark, you just duplicate the layer a few times till they're right. Then hide all the other layers and make a new one from what's visible, and discard the rest of the graph paper layers.

Using that technique to make things transparent, you could use any of that paper from the second site ChickPea linked to above.