Thread: Contracts 101 - Resource Guide for Artists

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've made this thread a sticky. There's far too much useful information for it to be buried among older threads.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I've made this thread a sticky. There's far too much useful information for it to be buried among older threads.
    Fantastic! Thanks, ChickPea! I'll continue to add to this thread as things occur to me, or if anyone has questions. Like I said earlier, I can't provide specific legal advice (unless you happen to live in Maryland) but I can provide "guidance" that applies more broadly, and that's generally a good work-around that lets me help out here while not violating any professional ethics requirements.

Wawww, this is pure gold. I've been trying to find a "how to" to create license agreements.

I've been doing commissions for a while without any licensing contract.
    Most of my clients are really amazing people but is better safe than sorrow. And to some, especially the ones o want maps for RPG's and need the commercial right, it's really important for their own protection. They are paying me extra for that commercial right and I completely understand they don't want me on their back in a year or two asking for some kind of payment Not that I would do that, but they don't know me right?

Thank you so much, I will use this to make the 2 licensing agreements that cover most of what I do.