Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eldoran

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I'm too discreet here, but be sure I'm just here, lurking and enjoying. Those creatures sketches look absolutely amazing !
    Thanks you ! I thought it would be nice to place like gargoyles the creatures whose names are given to the tropics .

And third landscape mostly done, a coastal one for a change. Now thinking about the corners & the bottom part.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyWIP frame.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	11.38 MB 
ID:	129591

this is a really wonderful work Ilanthar, I'm really excited to see the final version.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is next-level work, Ilanthar. When it all comes together it'll be beyond amazing...

By Simkin
    this is a really wonderful work Ilanthar, I'm really excited to see the final version.
    Thanks ! It's gonna take some more time, for sure...

By Diamond
    This is next-level work, Ilanthar. When it all comes together it'll be beyond amazing...
    Thanks a lot! I do hope it's gonna be fine .

Lineart of the frame on the left side, done. Séléné on the sunset side, Helios on the sunrise, and 3 more landscapes to draw under him.
    I've redone my little Mappemonde logo too.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	55 
Size:	10.31 MB 
ID:	129640

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyJelios.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	645.9 KB 
ID:	129641

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyMM.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	129642
    I think I'm not gonna color the frame more than that, just shading... And well, I need to think what to do with the labels, too.

Landscapes on the right side mostly done. I hope they are recognizable enough.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	60 
Size:	7.17 MB 
ID:	129677

These floral flourishes on the side are just gorgeous and I love the creature sketches. I've been putting off drawing any sort of frame to my map because I'm not sure how to go about it and what kind of pattern would look good with my more.. cartoony style(?), for lack of a better word but oh man, these fit yours perfectly. Can't wait to see it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherhills View Post
    These floral flourishes on the side are just gorgeous and I love the creature sketches. I've been putting off drawing any sort of frame to my map because I'm not sure how to go about it and what kind of pattern would look good with my more.. cartoony style(?), for lack of a better word but oh man, these fit yours perfectly. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Thank you very much! Sometimes, it's more a matter of "how to draw it" than "what to draw" that makes it fit the style of the map.

So, still wondering about the labels. Maybe this font and kind of labels work better for the lands? Also hesitating about placing or not the big continent labels on the main map, what do you think?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Eldoran Rb Phy FL.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	5.95 MB 
ID:	129811

An absolutely magnificent map that I can't wait to see the finished product. I particularly like the mountain peak graphic. Great work on all of it!

K2

I like the fonts Ilanthar. For the others labels, is difficult to say if it is better or not to put them without a visual comparison.

I like that you have two different fonts for the land and the sea. I think having labels for the names of the continents would make it easier to find information on the map maybe?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast