Thread: New Eldoran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, after a lot of failing tests (again) including different techniques, I finally got something that I quite like.

I'm trying to go from regional map to end with the world map, in order to get quality for regional maps & to not mess with scales (not sure it will works, but well...).
    I'm starting with the big island of Osininka, east of Norumbega.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osininka.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.48 MB 
ID:	105567
    I've just done a small part of the shaded relief. You can guess it takes some times (even more after 5 failures...).

I'm not sure it fit the scale (at this scale, 1 px is supposed to represnt 1 km).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    So, after a lot of failing tests (again) including different techniques, I finally got something that I quite like.

I'm trying to go from regional map to end with the world map, in order to get quality for regional maps & to not mess with scales (not sure it will works, but well...).
    I'm starting with the big island of Osininka, east of Norumbega.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osininka.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.48 MB 
ID:	105567
    I've just done a small part of the shaded relief. You can guess it takes some times (even more after 5 failures...).

I'm not sure it fit the scale (at this scale, 1 px is supposed to represnt 1 km).
    I think looks very good already but I wouln't go that route, I would make first world map and then regional map , unless you want to spend ages mapping a whole planet, I would focus on regional maps only for the regions you really care for and have some more specific interest.