Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by El Tau View Post
    What an amazing work! For me, the thing that makes this map outstanding in terms of design are the little bubbles of the iconic places. I imagine it's a very small part of the overall work, but It gives its own personality.
    Thank you El Tau, and welcome to the Guild !
    Actually, it's really not a small part of the work : illustrations and ornaments are always the more time consuming, at least for me ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Wow, awesome stuff!
    Thank you so much, Jared !
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 04-06-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Mountains and forest develop

Hi, I thought your work was great, Congratulations! I'm a fantasy illustrator and I'm starting some cartographic work for my book, and I would like to know some tips to work with the elements of the map, in the case of mountains and forests, did you develop a special brush or did all the work freehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner Chrissante View Post
    Hi, I thought your work was great, Congratulations! I'm a fantasy illustrator and I'm starting some cartographic work for my book, and I would like to know some tips to work with the elements of the map, in the case of mountains and forests, did you develop a special brush or did all the work freehand?
    Hi Wagner and thanks a lot for your comment !
    As you contacted me by email aswell, I sent you an answer that way, but I can tell again that my maps are totally hand drawn, using the basic Photoshop round shape with pressure : no other brush, unfortunately (for you because I can't help, and for me because it's probably more work ).
    Once again, don't hesistate to post some of your work on the forum, especially your maps : we'll try to help whatever your problem is !

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

My wife wants you to know this is the most awesome map of Middle Earth she's ever seen. And we have been to Middle Zealand and Hobbiton, and purchased maps there.

Of course I can't rep you again...yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234