Thread: Hello All (From a recent grad in California)

Post Hello All (From a recent grad in California)

Hello all,

Pleased to meet you all, this seems like an excellent community and I'm excited to learn about cartography. I found wanted to post my into message once I found the old map I'd sketched for a fantasy story I ran a few years back. Once I finally got around to searching through my old boxes of paperwork I found it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fantasy_map.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	106170

You can see I have much to learn! I've started on a new world building project and I'm working on crafting the lore and history -- hopefully in a way that ties together with the geography to some extent. I also know that I want to make a (hand-drawn) map for the world, I'm thinking of trying to depict visualizations of this world three levels of zoom:
    * World / Continent Level ( 1 )
    * City State Level ( 4 - 8 )
    * Neighborhood Level (for just a few choice locations)

I can't wait to learn about techniques used here and be properly wow'ed by the incredible works produced (I already have been when I looked through some of the past posts).

Cheers and thank you!

- Michael

Hi Michael and welcome to the Guild !

It's a nice challenge you started for yourself and I have no doubt you're at the right place to find all the help and support to find your way in map making