Thread: New here, love the concept

Default New here, love the concept

Maps... I feel like they give everything around us some sort of relational realness. I mean how big is this world REALLY? Maybe I got ahead of myself.

Hey everybody, my name is Josh and I am from Pennsylvania, US. Whether we are talking about real world orienteering maps, geocaching, or even better the endless worlds of RPGs... I dig maps. It is, of course, the RPG that has landed me here as I do not have the dedication and skill to create real life maps. I certainly have the drive however to try my best at bringing my RPG world to life. I have tried a few places that generate random maps for RPGs and while they are awesome... I never feel they are exactly what I want.

So here starts my cartography journey it seems. I love forward to being a part of this community and using this forum to create a world that my next set of RPG players feel fully imersed in. After all, maps just give a world some sort of .... (oh wait, I said that above before I realized I started at the end....)

Josh

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the guild. You'll find that they are the most amazingly encouraging bunch of folks out there, so dive in and get mapping!