Thread: Request North Sea/Doggerland map - assuming sea level at minus 120 metres.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Request North Sea/Doggerland map - assuming sea level at minus 120 metres.

I have 4,000+ 'orphan' place-names that require a new map created for them!

The project will be based around the U.K./Eire peninsula and 'Doggerland' area of Western Europe, presuming this particular landscape to have experienced tectonic lift of 120 metres.

I'm presently working at imbuing each place-name with an individual population count and the idea will be to intelligently 'marry' geographic features with the appropriate place-names. Cities &/or large towns would require named suburbs and all places would be shaped by their local terrains.

Rivers, major road & rail networks, mines and airports - including extrapolations of such real-life features would be required, as would be land-usage and natural terrain information.

The land regions exposed by the effective drop in sea-level would require new international boundaries, but maybe more than 90% of the 'new land' should be British/Irish.

I would anticipate a second larger-scale map covering all of Europe would eventually follow this one - to then include just the major cities/towns from this map, to which would be added equivalent place-names for major locations in the other European countries... where coastal nations gaining fresh land might cede some inland areas to other, landlocked countries - if you 'get my drift'?

Regular back & forth communications will be required, but essentially, I'd like all the location placements to be out of my (bit jaded) hands... subject to ongoing constructive critique, naturally!

Contact me for more detail, if this sounds interesting to you.

Hi Angus,

I like what you plan here as I've been dreading to tackle the European coasts during the last glaciation for a long time. You can see my other works here and if you think the style fits your project, you can contact me at the address below so that we can discuss about the project.

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

Hey Angus,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

My thanks to Thomas & Daniel for their replies.

I've looked at both very impressive portfolios... nice work!

I'm requiring a 'Google map' style for this project, crisp & concise, probably including elevation lines.

How does this sound?

Angus

Hi I might be interested too in a realistic style map ... let me know in case u are interested .

my styles...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Gordon-Farleigh View Post

I'm requiring a 'Google map' style for this project, crisp & concise, probably including elevation lines.

How does this sound?

Angus
    Not really my turf, sorry. You might wanna check Naima's maps, they're impressive !

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Gordon-Farleigh View Post

How does this sound?

Angus
    Same as Thomas, this isn't really my thing. I'm sure Naima will deliver a wonderful map for you though!