To all members of Cartographers' Guild:

Since my last post, I've been working on this realistic-style map that is kind of my trademark (which I state in a humble way). This one, Ruulstein, represents two continents smashing together and creating towering mountains, which stretch from the northwest to the southeast across the titanic landmass. I've factored in all the constructive criticism provided by the masters of the Guild (thank you so much, Pixie, Arsheesh, and everyone else out there who has kindly taken the time to respond) and laboured to create the image you see here. My mountains are more realistic, the continental margins are uneven (desirably so), and the rivers all lead either into the ocean or into large lakes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nefario2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	6.17 MB 
ID:	106469

Unfortunately, however, due to a looming vacation to Antigua and having to make haste with final preparations, I've had to compromise my urge for perfection slightly and settle for a couple small errors. First of all, I neglected to draw ocean bathymetry including what should be a trench where the plates slam together; secondly, I just noticed that a couple rivers get unrealistically narrow just before they empty out into larger bodies of water. You'll also notice that I didn't have the time to include a legend for the topography, or an outside border. (I promise to attend to these details in my future maps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nefario8.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	106470

Upon my return from Antigua, I'm eagerly anticipating continuing my passion for fantasy cartography and world building/conworlding. I resolve to prioritize my future free time to the relentless pursuit of realistic fantasy cartography, including making my maps more attractive and realistic with guides and borders. Pixie once posted a very valuable tutorial on plate tectonics which I eagerly intend to delve into upon my return.

Thanks to all who've read this far, and please offer criticism.

See you all in a month.

Peter