Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domhantyr Cosmology

Map Domhantyr Cosmology

As I'm working on maps for my Tipeee - and my Domhantyr setting -, I thought I could show you this one from last year.

It's a map of the different "planes", represented like layers. From the top : under the sun, the Celestial Domain, under the moon Mahelle, the Domain of Dreams, Domhantyr properly, the Limbo, and the Abyss.
    Each strata has its gods (celestial, of Dreams, of Nature & Wilderness, of the Dead and the abyssal fallen).
    Nothing is really known of the Celestial & Abyssal Domains (and the scriptures are very different depending of the cultures). The one of the dreams is a "fantasy" and fantastic version of Domhantyr. The Limbo are made of caves, halls and mazes around shafts linked to the different necropolis of Domhantyr (the deeper you go, the older the dead are).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosmologie DH.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	106602

Hope you'll like it!
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 04-25-2018 at 10:23 AM.

I like all, the drawing, the idea, the text, the calligraphy. Thank you to share it with us.
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Great concept, Ilanthar : I definitely do love your imagination ! The map is full of great ideas, and I like this not-so-serious-sketchy style
    I spent 5 minutes looking at the clouds in the Domaine Céleste : I would have loved find a god there ! ^^'
    (Quelques fautes de grammaire : le Français est une horreur).

Beautifull work! When i open one of your thread i know i'll have a good surprise watching your art

By Narc
    I like all, the drawing, the idea, the text, the calligraphy. Thank you to share it with us.
    Hey, another french cartographer! Merci beaucoup, Narc!

By MistyBeee
    Great concept, Ilanthar : I definitely do love your imagination ! The map is full of great ideas, and I like this not-so-serious-sketchy style
    I spent 5 minutes looking at the clouds in the Domaine Céleste : I would have loved find a god there ! ^^'
    (Quelques fautes de grammaire : le Français est une horreur).
    Well, I'm certainly more a dreamer than a worker, that's for sure ! It's kind of a "naive" depiction of the cosmology (and I first thought of a "stained glass" thing but didn't go far with it).
    I did some "human form" portraits of the gods (you can see some of them here).
    Arf!!! I forgot (again) to check. I've seen and corrected two... and I hope there are not too many more...

By Francissimo
    Beautifull work! When i open one of your thread i know i'll have a good surprise watching your art
    Merci beaucoup Francissimo!

Not only an aesthetically gorgeous map, but also a great concept. Excellent job!

you have a fantastic style ... it could go straight into a book describing your fantasy world ... ever thought of publishing it as a collection perhaps for a setting? I also noticed your beasts you draw on patreon ... awesome.

By Francesca Baerald
    Not only an aesthetically gorgeous map, but also a great concept. Excellent job!
    Thanks a lot, Francesca ! I value the praise and I hope I've improved a bit my skills since this one.

By Naima
    you have a fantastic style ... it could go straight into a book describing your fantasy world ... ever thought of publishing it as a collection perhaps for a setting? I also noticed your beasts you draw on patreon ... awesome.
    Thanks, Naima !
    I'm doing sort of travel notebooks for my Tipeee in this fantasy world. The mythic beasts you mention are for my Egishirgal setting (with the Batikshal Empire and Safrân maps for example).
    And speaking of my Patreon... It's silent and I've not really start something here. I first intended to do the same as the Tipeee - in english - but I think I should do something else instead... I really have to think about something or I'll probably delete it.

Magnificent, as always ! If I had one tiny comment, it would be that the parchment could use some detailing around the tears. Either line or color but something discreet to show the worn aspect.

The map is beautiful and I love the concept behind it. It's a pity I don't understand any French.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast