Thread: Willing to Commission a Flooded World Map

Map Willing to Commission a Flooded World Map

Hey, I'm planning to run a campaign set on the Sword Coast several hundred years in the future and I was looking for some way to get a custom map made. The backstory being that a huge meteorite landed in the Forgotten Realms, sending the land into a minor post-apocalyptic state and greatly raising the ocean level with the displacement from its size.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Faerun_map.jpg 
Views:	1218 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	107076
    I was hoping to maybe have the meteorite land, rather fittingly, in the Sea of Fallen Stars, destroying much of the land around that point and flooding the rest. I'm willing to pay for your work, just let me know if you have nay questions, thanks.

Hi , I might be interested in the project if you want to check my Portfolio here.
    But my question is , is it legit to make a map on a copyrighted ( I guess ) map ? It would be a derivative work even if not the same .

Hi alapazam,

I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at this address : thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com .

Cheers.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    ...my question is , is it legit to make a map on a copyrighted ( I guess ) map ? It would be a derivative work even if not the same.
    As far as I understand it, as long as I'm using the map for entirely personal reasons and not commercial ones, then it should be fine. It's not a pay to play game.

Hey alapazam,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Thank you to everyone that replied. I have found an artist that matches my goals.