Thread: Middle Eastern City Map

Default Middle Eastern City Map

Greetings, cartographers. I am publishing an Arabian inspired fantasy novel that takes place entirely in a city. For that purpose, I would like to have a map of the city included in the book. Some details:

Fee: Payment can be done via paypal or bank transfer. I have no qualms about paying for quality work.

Time: Within the next 4 months would be preferable, but can be discussed.

Style: I have no strict guidelines as long as the city shown on the map has a clear feel and atmosphere of the Middle East. The more detailed and beautiful you can make it, the better - I understand that prices will increase accordingly. Ideally, I would prefer more of a bird's view than complete top-down, but this is not a requirement. I will of course provide a template for how the map should look.

Quality and size: Since it's for a book, around 6 x 9 inches, with sufficient quality that it can be printed in a book.

Rights: I need rights to print (for physical books) and distribute (for e-books). I don't require exclusivity, if you wish to display the map and/or sell prints of it etc., that's fine with me. As long as it doesn't end up in another author's book.

Let me know if there are any details I forgot to mention, or if you might be interested in the commission. Thank you!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Is it possible for you to post the template for how the map should look?

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hey Tanniel,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Hi Tanniel. I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can see examples of my work here: link. If you want to contact me, write to glanggouldartist[at]gmail.com

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Xcali, that should be possible, though you will all have to be inflicted with my horrible drawing skills. I don't have it handy though, so it may be a little while. Please check back later.

Thanks for everyone's replies so far - as mentioned above, I am travelling and may not be able to make a decision immediately, but I appreciate every offer and will look through them all.

Hi there! I have experience in mapping (and writing) Middle Eastern fantasy, and would be interested in working with you on this project. Feel free to browse my portfolio and testimonials!

Cheers!
    Jess @ Lizard Ink Maps
    Last edited by LizardInk; 06-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quick note: I don't have access to replying to PM's yet, but I've received the offers from there and will review them along with the others, thank you.

Here's the crude sketch. There's room to be imaginative with how the different elements look (as long as they approximate that Arabian look), and I was a bit too lazy to fill out all the empty space. The main thing really is keeping the shape somewhat, and the different main elements in relation to each other.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketchalcazar.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	108074
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketchalcazar.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	108073  

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hi, Tanniel. Seeing the drawing makes me definitely interested.
    This style was a map of Nessa'Mor I did quite a while ago, but it was fun to do one like it. I enjoy drawing detailed terrain with a bit of perspective.

Here is my portfolio Hope Maps
    Just throw me an email at:
    omriwithhope[at]gmail.com
    [at] = @

P.S. if you post 2 more times you will get access to the PMs.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all. My travels have finished, and I will be looking into choosing a cartographer over the next days. If anyone out there wants to submit their proposal, please do so within the next day or so.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Tanniel,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade