Thread: Cost for map sketches?

Default Cost for map sketches?

Hello talented artists!

I am currently in the process of writing a fantasy comic and I was curious about a cost estimate would be for working with you to create ROUGH SKETCHES ONLY for a few different maps:

1. A capital city and its surrounding area (I have a general layout idea for some things but I need help filling in the space)
    2. A small port city and its coast (I have a few specific spots that are required but again looking to fill in the space)
    3. A temple near the sea (If anyone is particularly good at designing things like castle property layouts I'd love to hear about it)
    4. A ruined city (there a lot of design details about the city that I can explain further, but only a few specific places)
    5. A world map for 9 kingdoms (The only specifics I have are about climates for specific kingdoms but I'm very open to change and I also have a very old world map example I designed ages ago HERE that could definately be improved upon)

The purpose for this is only to have a better idea of where things are located in the story so that when I get to the drawing stage of the comic it's a lot easier to visualize. So no need for drawing fancy mountains, foliage, or detailed buildings, basic shapes and squiggly lines are fine. I just need help and advice for filling in these places so they feel richer in the story's setting. And I'm betting you map makers know more about what buildings or land masses should go where than I currently do.

A cost estimate for each map sketch would be appreciated, and several artists can apply for different maps (ex: if someone only wanted to do the world map and someone else could work on a city map etc.)

I'm willing to pay through paypal.

And perhaps down the road in the future I might make a request for these maps to be fully detailed and drawn out.

TIME FRAME: I don't have any set schedule, it can take as long as it needs to finalize the layout (as long as it doesn't take FOREVER)

COPYRIGHT: Personal use mostly, except for showing to background artists for reference and possibly for making full maps later on.

CONTACT: You can email me at danithi225117 AT gmail DOT com if you're interested

So thanks in advance for your input, I'm looking forward to working with you!
    Last edited by darxori; 06-29-2018 at 02:34 AM. Reason: made some mistakes, added some information

Fixed the tag for you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Fixed the tag for you. :)
    Thankyou so much! :D