Thread: Map 54 - Country Name TBD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice work! I'm working on the mountains myself and yes, they do take time.
    I would probably fade out the mountain ridges at the edges where they meet the surrounding land. You know, just paint soft longer stretches and then use a soft low opacity eraser to blend them in.

By the way, love the rivers, look very natural to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Candacis View Post
    Nice work! I'm working on the mountains myself and yes, they do take time.
    I would probably fade out the mountain ridges at the edges where they meet the surrounding land. You know, just paint soft longer stretches and then use a soft low opacity eraser to blend them in.

By the way, love the rivers, look very natural to me.
    yeah, I am slowly beginning to come up with a plan now, lol.
    Next up, shade the mountains, but do one color the whole way through before moving on to another color, and then do it the whole way through, etc.
    Then, create the forest outlines (some of which will wind up covering a little bit of the mountains' edges methinks)
    Then work on the hill areas
    and THEN, work on blending the mountain edges and hill areas together better.

a bit disappointed at my inconsistency in the coloring of the mountains that I've already shaded, but i think it's because i did one mountain the whole way through, then did the next, etc... instead of working with one color on all of them at a time. At some point I will either come back to it and fix it, or may chalk it up to a different geology with whiter looking rock in that region.