Thread: Hand-drawn-like Fantasy Map

Default Hand-drawn-like Fantasy Map

Hi everyone!

Due to a promotion at work, I am currently struggling to fill a promise I made to my RP community surrounding the creation of a Map. So I'm here to see if there is anyone willing to help me out. It might be a bit of a request that's different to what is usually posted but I hope it makes sense.

The Ideal:

I have a base and template of elements that is ready to have it's final design done. This is in Photoshop.
    The map is currently sitting at 4000x4000px however, it sits at this size for my personal preferred workflow design so it can be changed to suit you. Additionally, while the map is large in size, not all of it requires elements. I'd say roughly under half of it. (there are country borders in place to reflect where needs detail, and where doesn't.)
    There are markers and placeholders in the map for where various elements are desired. This is open to suggestions however, if something else may work better. I started on it myself but I simply have not had the time to dedicate to filling in terrain and so forth. My drawing skills in this regard is far more under developed than my colouring so it's taking me longer than expected.

Having said that:

I'm not looking for a coloured piece, but instead just the line art to which I'd be shading and colouring myself with room to make edits here and there should they arise so ideally, I'd be wanting full ownership with kudos to you, or at least part ownership. Primarily due to the fact it is for a role-play community that I am a part of that would like to retain usage and editing rights should they require it to be done.

For example, as their world builder / artist if I were to leave they'd still like to be able to use the map and should another artist come along, they'd like for them to be able to edit it as well.

Second to last, this isn't for publishing but just a free, public community of forum role-players so the map will be publicly displayed.

And lastly, I'm looking for a more hand-drawn / semi-realistic style than straight up old-style or modern style (it is a Victorian era community). I can have a surf around for examples if you prefer.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I genuinely appreciate it!

(I'll post again for those 5post things too a bit later, heh.)
    Last edited by Oshtha; 07-20-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: additional info.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

This is right up my alley. I often hand draw elements for maps.

I am very interested in taking up this request.

Email me at: omriwithhope[at]gmail.com
    Just swap the [at] with @
    Feel free to check out my portfolio or maps in my signature. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Last edited by XCali; 07-20-2018 at 08:13 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Oshtha,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hi Oshtha,

I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at the address below

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

I did some different styles of maps both hand made and more precise realistic ones. You can see themHere but I can make any style anyway.
    You can send a message to me directly on deviant art if you are interested.

Thanks you so much for your responses guys, you’re wonderful artists. Bear with me if you can for a couple of days, just wanted to let you know I’ve seen these. 😊

*update

Just wanted to express another thank you and I've found an artist. I'd uh, close this thread but I'm not 100% sure on how to, heh.