Thread: My Encounter maps and the Odd Asset. WIP and finished. ;)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map Continent Map

Hi!

How are you all. Okay, so I was thinking. I REALLY want my map to feature in a campaign, but it won't help if it lies around on my comp and nobody can try and run something on it.
    Anyway, so firstly this map is from the world that I started revealing in my web novel, Nights of Sambria. So to make things clear. THIS map is for personal use and with friends when an RPG is involved ONLY. Anything above that I will ask that you contact me for clarity. (Meaning if you want to create something from it that becomes commercial, contact me.)

Further than that. Have fun running your campaign on the continents! I would asbolutely love to hear the stories form you and your friends.

EDIT: Here is the starter with minimal 'Names' for the players:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sambria_Night_less_Lables_START.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	124462 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dawn's Approach_Start_v1.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	124828

For those that want a hook for the Four Fang Isles area:
    The wind howled and the wood creaked like it would split apart any second. Lightnings and thunder revealed the grisly old captain for a brief moment, his grey beard wet with sea water yet his gaze remained unwavering. His resolve was as stone. I just hoped our party held the same... But we were the ones that wanted to risk these waters, no needed to. A shout ripped away my attention.
    "Secure them sails! We are entering dangerous waters now!"
    A gasp left my lungs, twice the boat had barely made the crest of a wave and the captain did not say it then...
    I rushed forward, gripping the rope for dear life as the sail strained against the high winds. The boat started pulling to the side as if dragged by a giant hand. It had begun. We had entered into the grip of that monstrous whirlpool. Another flash of light revealed the worry on everyone's face. Then a wall of water struck me, salt stung my eyes as I got flung free of the rope. Chaos swirled in the waters and I frantically clung to my only breath, in a matter of moments I lost track of time and place.
    Grogginess lapped at my face, or was it water? My hands pressed into the sand before a push from water sent me tumbling a few times before the sand met my face in an unwelcome slap. I turned on my back and opened my eyes. There was no ship in sight. Just jagged rocks and a beach. I sat up and saw several crates laying halfway into the water before a groan drew my attention. Off to my left, there was one of my party members. A question marked my lips. "Where are we?"
    I wondered for the briefest of moments if we had somehow made it to those dangerous islands that lay in the grip of the Maw. Whatever the situation, we took the risk for a reason. There is a mystery on these isles that might shine light on our quest, the greatest danger to have come into our simple lives.

--
    So I decided to add the day time of the map, only to better show the contrast of the different biomes. The main stories still lie on what happens at night, with the mysterious morning trees carrying many secrets, how man monsters fear the light and what exciting treasures players can find by discovering the more rare colored morning trees in the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Straits of Skiette_v15.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	121866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sambria_Night__v2b_byOmri.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	123995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sambria_Day__v2b_ByOmri.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	4.92 MB 
ID:	124463  
    Last edited by XCali; 09-07-2020 at 10:11 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19