Thread: City of Heldor (and later two towns of the same region)

Map City of Heldor (and later two towns of the same region)

Dear Cartographers,

after great experiences with some of you like J. Edward who made the city of Menzheim and oasis Suruq for me, I am now looking again for a cartographer who could make a map for me.
    We are playing “The Dark Eye” for years now, a tabletop role-play game. This time our focus is the barony of Dubios with the main city "Heldor" and two small towns (San Everdo and San Bordana) that are located in the warm south of the continent.

Project Scope:
    I would love to have a detailed map of the city of Heldor in the medieval setting of the dark eye. We will use this map mainly for our own role-playing group as a digital version on a password protected homepage and as a printout. I won’t use it commercially, but would like to share it with other interested Dark Eye players. The artist will retain copyright of the map and will have the right to use the map to exhibit and for commercial purposes.

As follow-up commissions I would also like to get two more maps of smaller villages of the same Barony - a fishers village at a big lake and a farming village.

Description of Map
    The layout of the city is generally free for creativity, but there is a lot of official description of the city which should be taken into account. Therefore I will send a 4-page description with detailed infos as pdf. to the interested cartographers.

Style
    All of you are doing great things here and some are really exceptional in different ways! I'm looking for a colored and atmospheric map.
    I really love the great work of J.Edwards on my last requests: oasis Suruq and Menzheim. Also exeptionally is the work of LARB, e.g. on his winning town Ten (https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post379495)

Technical
    The map should be large enough for a bigger printout and usage as digital version. The last one I got were approx 6000x5000 pixels.
    Format: Jpeg or Png

Time Constraints
    No hurry - quality need time.

Copyright
    Remains with cartographer
    As said above, this map will not be published or reproduced for commercial gain by me. It is mainly for our personal use. It would be great if I could customize the building key as needed (because the final will be in german).

Design Process
    I would suggest a stepwise process
    Step 1 – initial concept sketch for discussion of the layout and map elements, maybe with an example of a finished map in case I’m not familiar with the cartographers work so far
    Step 2 – a 30% version, that allows some changes
    Sept 3 - a 80% submittal for last changes
    Step 3 – a 95% map for finalization
    Step 4 – Final Map

Payment
    I would be happy to pay you a compensation for your work. Depending on the style and your workload the amount is negotiable. It would be great if you could suggest an amount when you contact me. I would suggest that half of the compensation is paid after the initial sketch and agreement for the commission, the rest after submitting the final map. PayPal would also be the easiest way for me.

Contact
    Please contact me if you have any questions!
    You may use this thread or the Cartographer’s Guild messenger
    You can also contact me via email: C.Schlude—at—gmail.com

Thank you very much for reading!

Best regards
    Chris

Hey Chris,

I'm very in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Hey Daniel and Cartographers,

thank you for the interest in taking over this commision. Since already a great selection of cartographers responded, I'm confident that this commission will be taken, soon.
    So if there are any other cartographers are interested, please write soon. ;-)

All the best

Chrisotph

Praise Taken

Dear fellow Cartographers,

thanks a lot for the interest in contributing for this maps.

Now the commission was taken.

All the best Christoph