Thread: The Tower of Valloris the Mad. Map of the Hill's region.

Default The Tower of Valloris the Mad. Map of the Hill's region.

Hi Folks,

Here is a really quick sketch, took me about an hour, of the region where the module/scenario will be set based on my July challenge map. This project has the green light from the publisher so, full steam ahead! I most likely will not do too much more work on this map until I get the bulk of the adventure written as things may change. The BBEG (Big Bad Evil Guy) will be changed from a Lich to a mage that creates living constructs by melding flesh to clockwork machines. The whole scenario is a mish-mash of Michael Moorcock's, The Vanishing Tower and the Twin Towers of Agak and Gagak from his Eternal Champion series, the Tomb of Horrors, an absolutely classic D&D module, Terry Goodkind's, The Chronicles of Nicci (where the idea from the BBEG came from) with a bit of Terminator thrown in for good measure.

Will post updates in this thread.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nevermind Regional Sketch.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	109279
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Hi Folks,

Here is a bit of an update. In keeping with the old-school/Classic Fantasy vibe, I'm doing all the work in black, duplicating then merging the layers, locking the transparent pixels and filling with old-school blue (18769d if you're interested) still need to add a scale marker - each hex is 0.5 miles (800 meters) and fix up the shading, I'm not really happy with it. I might also add some details to the forests, they seem a bit bland.

Any advice, suggestions, critique is always welcome.

Name:	Nevermind RegionalOSB.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	827.2 KB 
ID:	109372

Finished Maps

I love that you named the town 'Nevermind', it gives the feel of "Oh that's where we're headed? Nevermind". I love where this is going, damon!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I love that you named the town 'Nevermind', it gives the feel of "Oh that's where we're headed? Nevermind". I love where this is going, damon!
    Glad you like it Adfor. The town's Inn is, The Fork'n'Spoon. A few years ago I went to a D&D improv show put on by a group of comedian and they asked the audience for a town name, I came up with Neverfail, but then realised Nevermind has much better comedic value...

Finished Maps

Hi Folks,

I've been away for awhile writing the adventure for this series of maps which is nearly complete, though it will have to go on hiatus as I'm taking a much needed holiday with my wife for 2 weeks to tropical, Port Douglas in far north Queensland.

Here is an update of the regional maps line art.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Nevermind Regional.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	109842

Finished Maps