Thread: Greymoor Quickmap

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Greymoor Quickmap

My D&D group asked me for a map of the city of Greymoor from my first map. They waited until i had less than 72 hrs until game time, mind you. and i work half of that.

With not having a lot of time, I went for a Quick-and-Dirty, hex-based colored map. Mainly because I can color at work. each section got its own color, and i numbered locations they are familiar with already.

Greymoor is a port city on the edge of a swamp/bog/mire in the East Delving. they have no real enemies, but the wall is to keep the swamp people out. the High Court and Temple wards were built on foundations of stone raised by magic and sit at an elevation of ten feet above the rest of the city so they will not flood.

*****LATEST WIP*****
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greymoor2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	109591

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greymoor1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	109592

the best part of this map is that is helps plan out the real Greymoor map i am going to do when i have time.

Question Quick Map

It's the first time I see a city layout like this. Do you think it might work with squares as well?

Yes, it will. That’s actually what I usually use. I just had this on hand at work because I was prepping for a Battletech game. Squares work better if you want to lay out a neighborhood to battle map. Hexes work best when you need to show what is outside the city walls.