Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The village of Kopfarr WIP

Wip The village of Kopfarr WIP

Hello all, sorry It's been ages since I've posted anything, I had good intentions.

Anyways Here's my first WIP town map. My friend and I are currently building a roll20 campaign that will be available when ever we get in done, if it gets done It's a side project.

So far It's been an incredible learning experience for me. I'm really only familiar with creating world/regional maps with photoshop. I feel its coming along nicely although I really need to sit down and make more hand drawn assets for it to give it a more rustic feel. plus if I'm feeling ambitious and have some time I'd like to make a nighttime version, I've never done one of those as well.

I still have a ton of work to do on this.

I've also included the regional map, that was completed awhile ago, with minor edits yet to come.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03a.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	109597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03b.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	109598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03c.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	109599
    Last edited by Boslok; 08-17-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Forgot to include the region map, Kopfarr is in the upper right hand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThuldonsHold_300_06_crop.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	109600  

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Very nice start, far more than i have been able to get in PS or GIMP. Show us more when you are able, please.

I got quite a bit done over the last couple of days, added more texture, put the roads in, short walls, boulders, cliff face. Bits here and there to give it a more mountainous feel.

I spent some time admiring J.Edwards masterpiece Haerlech, wow, amazing. After seeing how he laid out countryside I'm feeling like my fields need to be totally overhauled, just too stiff with no organic flow to them. Time to move some trees around.

Not sure if I've mentioned this or not but the more unique buildings have already been done and mapped, I just added a roof and shrunk them and added them to the village map. I'm planning on doing WIP for one of the buildings I've yet to make, the cliff lift building.

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03e.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	109634
    Last edited by Boslok; 08-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Default Nice!

Very cool progression! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed piece! Keep up the great work

I've been adding more trees and working on the cliffs, experimenting with styles and shadowing. Doing this by hand with a mouse is really killing me, I need to look into a graphics pad.

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03f.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	109685  

More trees! more detail on the cliffs, more texturing, more green in general, added longer shadows. Thinking about adding shrubbery (not a joke) also thinking of texturing the trees differently to add some variance to the coloring.

all critiques welcome.

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_03g.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	109697  
    Last edited by Boslok; 08-22-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Not a huge update, but some more work has been done. added more trees, experimenting with some grass (older brush of mine), added some labeling.

Name:	KopfarrVillage_300_04.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	109831

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast