Thread: Sprawling fantasy map/geography consultation

Default Sprawling fantasy map/geography consultation

I'm currently seeking a cartographer to commission a full fantasy world map from, featuring one continent of extreme detail and one continent of minor detail.

Originally for a tabletop project, I am pursuing developing it into part of a story/series for potentially commercial use. The hypothetical finished product would still credit the mapmaker, but I'd like to ensure up front that this future use won't be a problem.

Part of the matter here is that I'm also looking for an expert's help in arranging the nations/environments in a way that both makes sense, and is aesthetically pleasing. Right now I have detailed information on the nations themselves, and information on various locations within them, but very little grasp of where they lay in relation to each other. Each one features fairly different biomes, so the cartographer in question will have some say in what lies where.

Stylewise, the map should appear as one for a public official's use in-universe--drawn across a "practical" material, clear borders and boundaries, VERY slight weathering, environmental notation. Ideally, the known landmarks will have somewhat above-average detail in iconography (at least differentiating between monuments, cities, dungeons, etc. rather than using simple black circles), but the demands of the map's future use will require a lot of "open space"--environmentally detailed, but with room for many more discoverable landmarks to be added/notated later, a la the slow population of Skyrim's map over the course of a game.

Please post if interested, and I'll be happy to contact you to discuss a quote and further questions before we begin in earnest.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Banquo,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hi Banquo,

I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at the address below

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

Hello , I am just specialized in world maps ... Joking apart I am interested in working with you on this . Here are some of my recent works on map making if you like them and want to contact me let me know by contactinge me on this site or deviant art with a pm.

Hey Banquo,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel