Thread: Custom Homebrew World Map - Artist Input Appreciated

Map Custom Homebrew World Map - Artist Input Appreciated

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently starting up another campaign, which means I'm shopping around for a suitable map! My current budget is around 350$.

I'd like it to be larger, 24"x36" which I know can be on the pricier end of the spectrum, but I don't need anything too detailed, just geography.

My goal for the map is to print it, laminate it, an paint over it with a black acrylic paint — essentially creating a scratch off "fog of war". I plan on using stickers to represent villages/towns/cities/points of interests when the players find them.

The campaign is going to be a Hex Crawl/Sandbox so I'd like there to be a Hex Grid over the map, but I don't nessisarily want a "Hex Map". It would be nice if the geography used the grid as a guideline, but this isn't necessary. (Art first, grid second).

Details of the map

The world this takes place is in, is one ravaged by war. 100 years after the "Great Wizard Wars", a magical Apocalypse of sorts. I'm shooting for some heavy metal themes, so if that is able to be reproduced on the map that would be a bonus, though definitely not needed.

Of the areas I'd like included:

1) A happy, basic fantasy city + surrounding region/villages/towns. This is the only City I'd like included. I'd like this to be separated out from the rest of the dark and blighted map by some natural geographical features - a mountain range, a body of water. Anything really. The PC's will be starting here, so I'd like this to be located somewhere in the corner, leaving the rest of the map open to be explored.

2) A ocean + islands to be located centrally.

3) A frigid and snowy north (For a personalized Frostbitten and Mutilated)

4) The Flesh Fields - An area made up of heaping red hills of living tissue and blinking eyes. Cronenberg Monsters/Zerg (starcraft 2) inspired.

5) The Ashen Desert - A desert of ash with a volcano somewhere in the mix.

6) A dark and creepy forest large enough to hide a city.

7) Anything else you might brainstorm - I'm entirely open to suggestions.

8 ) Some other natural biomes to fill the blanks (canyons/mountains/ect ect)

Feel free to contact me here, or my email — markos --dot-- dask -- at-- gmail.com

I'm pretty flexible, and I'm more looking for some unique art compared to professional quality (though both wouldn't be bad ). I'm also willing to reduce some criteria to make the project fit within my scope and budget!

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

Best,
    33rdBandit

Hello! I may be able to help you. Not only do I do fantasy maps, but I also do comic art. I think I could make you something appropriately less traditional and more Heavy Metal. Also the scratch off map sounds like a neat idea.

Contact me if you like.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello Mods, I have found work for this piece. Would you please mark this job as taken?

Best,

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Bandit,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade