Thread: Galaxy Map for Novel

Default [Taken] Galaxy Map for Novel

Hi all,

I am looking to commission a galaxy map for my space opera series of books. I have a simple map from the earlier books in the series, but as the scope of things expands, I'd like something a bit more elaborate. Basically, I need both a simple broad-scale map, which shows the entire galaxy while denoting the territories of the various factions, as well as a more "zoomed-in" map of the new region of the galaxy, showing individual systems and other key locations. Depending on how much it'd be, I might also want to have the previous "zoomed-in" map of a different section of the galaxy redone for consistency's sake. (It'd all be in B&W.)

Attached below are the previous map for the series (which has the boarder map as a small inset on the page with the "zoomed-in" map), as well as a couple of examples of similar maps. (Let me know if it'd be better to just put the images directly in the post as opposed to as attachments, and feel free to ask any questions.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFSampleMap2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	110802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWMAP.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	110804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy Map For A Looming Shadow.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	110805  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Yakov Merkin; 10-20-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Hello I am interested in the project, I have done often sci fi scapes and I like the idea. You can contact me here if you like and want to see some of my works.

While my portfolio is fantasy maps I am willing to take on the task of a galaxy map. I've always liked that Star Wars universe map you linked and I'm confident I can do something like it.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Unrelated to your request, but... Eeeeee, Mass Effect!!! Did you grab that map just as an example or have you played the games as well?

Hi Yakov,

I am a illustrator/concept artist with experience making maps for sci-fi digital and traditional games.

I've attached some recent work below, If you'd like to get in contact to discuss your project in detail I can be reached here or at abealsart@gmail[dot]com

Thanks,

Alec Beals

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9JYNKd0.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	811.5 KB 
ID:	111096

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qpA3pfr.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.91 MB 
ID:	111095