Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mapvember 2018

John, Thomas, thank you for the ideas. I will do my best, but honestly i am shocked John can produce such a great pices in 1-5 minutes. I tend to erase a lot (probably not so good) when i don't like something. For me it is simply impossible to draw a nice looking map in such a short time at this point. Maybe my approach is bad, maybe it is lack of skill or practice.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

What John said got me thinking about doing a Guild Headquarters map, like we did the Guild World and Guild city. Someone create a a general layout with as many rooms as possible and then people can pick a room and map it. Maybe that's a nice idea for a future community project?

The idea is nice, but i guess it will be open project with no end like guild world and city
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I like that idea too, but all the Guild World projects are like Voolf said, open ended. It's kind of a different beast it would seem to me.

Also the Guild Dungeon kind of halted short of the enthusiasm it originally generated for some reason. For me it was because I reached the limits of my skills and couldn't achieve what I was originally thinking for that project.
    (come to think of it thats why I halted the guild city project I was working on...)

I wasn't going to do Mapvember this year because I have a full schedule and just spent a month making a creature every day, but then last second jumped in. Not following the prompt list and only spending five minutes or so for each map Posting them on Instagram through the month @kaitlingray.artmapsetc and will share on the Guild at some point when I have time.

I've done day one and I plan to do the rest. I have a feeling that today will be Gimme Fallout Shelters day for many (I know I'm doing one). =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    What John said got me thinking about doing a Guild Headquarters map, like we did the Guild World and Guild city. Someone create a a general layout with as many rooms as possible and then people can pick a room and map it. Maybe that's a nice idea for a future community project?
    I like that idea and we may get into that.
    The community projects generally start around march, as that is the anniversary of the Guild.
    That said, we may need to start earlier as the Atlas awards come around then or april, so it sort of conflicts.
    I'm ok starting community stuff in January, presuming I'm not bogged down in work.
    I had an idea the other while chatting with Beee about a school of mapping... Mapgwarts
    That could be a number of different possibilities.
    Mapping the school or mapping rooms as you suggested. Or other things... like mapping the common room of whichever house you feel you are part of.
    [haven't decided on houses - that was Beee's suggestion] Lots of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    The idea is nice, but i guess it will be open project with no end like guild world and city
    Yes, they usually are open ended, but they can be designed to be limited.

I'm sort of doing mapvember. I'll start a thread at some point.
    This has been a crazy busy year and it's finally starting to wind down and allow me some free time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234