Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europe in 1700 (Expansion) - Commission

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Beautiful! I love the ocean color. Is that a single color over a parchment texture, or did you achieve it some other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodowech View Post
    Very nice work, gotta agree with all the others!
    I found one tiny mistake concerning the bavarian-austrian border. The ‚Innviertel‘ region was ceded to Austria only in 1779.

Considering the small size of the issue, it’s most likely not worth changing it though.
    Yes, I'm not 100% on my European territorial cessations, but this was actually an alternate history map, so there aren't actually perfect reflections of history.

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    Beautiful! I love the ocean color. Is that a single color over a parchment texture, or did you achieve it some other way?
    Thanks! It's a color overlaying a few stacked parchment layers, followed by some manual scratch/cloud/spatter brush additions.

It's beautiful! Are they your own brushes/textures?

A lovely map, simple and efficient. The somewhat warm color theme is misleading as it gives a sharp look to the map that suits a political game perfectly. Kudos for the wavy flags Congrats GWN

Really nice work! Having gone down the historical route lately, I like your work!

Another unfortunate nitpick, though: I believe you have mispelled "Mediterranean" - may want to fix that if the map has not already been sent off to print.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12