Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Rafal's Mapvember 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Hehe, this last one made me smile for a while . Great work on the whole series.
    Thank you, Why did it make you smile?

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    There's not a single one of these little maps that I don't like. I'm curious, will you try to stitch them all together into one big map at the end?
    I do not, they are in different scales and some can't be connected. It is not always like a "direct" continuation of a previous map, but more like indications where certain way is leading. They may be gaps in between of two "connected" maps. That being said, it's not impossible to connect them, but i have no intention of doing that at the moment.

Behold, the last map #29 Space Oddity. Some of you may see a resemblance to one of Thomas map. I made this one with a special dedication to Thom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30. (29) Space Oddity_CG.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	901.2 KB 
ID:	111734

This was really crazy challange and you have no idea how a relief it is to finally finish it.
    I am most certain i will never do it again, thank you and good bye

Ps. Here are the connections i made initially for this challange. I think they are not 100% accurate as i did some tweaking in the middle while doing maps.

Name:	mapvember_connections.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	638.5 KB 
ID:	111735
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I've already said it on multiple platforms but you pulled the most impressive streak of maps I've ever seen in such a short time. You kicked Mapvember home crying for his mamma ! And on a personal note, I love that last one so much I can genuinely say it makes me happy like a pigeon with a French fry (picture it I can assure you it's an accurate description ).

Congrats and thanks

What a wonderful set of little maps.

And congratulations on finishing the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I've already said it on multiple platforms but you pulled the most impressive streak of maps I've ever seen in such a short time. You kicked Mapvember home crying for his mamma ! And on a personal note, I love that last one so much I can genuinely say it makes me happy like a pigeon with a French fry (picture it I can assure you it's an accurate description ).

Congrats and thanks
    Haha, i DID imagine it and i could not resist. I am afraid this pigeon will haunt me in my dreams

Name:	pigeon.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	111760

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    What a wonderful set of little maps.

And congratulations on finishing the challenge!
    Thank you very much Bkh.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Really, really impressive that you managed to pull this off, Rafal! I participated last year, but fell behind quickly, and gave up at day 20 or 21, so you have my utmost respect for completing it! And it's amazing how all the maps are in a consistent style as well. Great work!

(Can't rep you from my phone, but I'll try to remember when I get to my computer!)

By Voolf
    Thank you, Why did it make you smile?
    Well, because I found the link between "Stairway to Heaven" and "Space Oddity" both very clever and funny.

And that pigeon is indeed scary !

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Really, really impressive that you managed to pull this off, Rafal! I participated last year, but fell behind quickly, and gave up at day 20 or 21, so you have my utmost respect for completing it! And it's amazing how all the maps are in a consistent style as well. Great work!

(Can't rep you from my phone, but I'll try to remember when I get to my computer!)
    Thank you Daniel. It was a bumpy road for me too. Some maps are sloppy, because i did not feel like drawing. I don't think it's a "fun" challange for me, hence i won't be participating in it anymore i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, because I found the link between "Stairway to Heaven" and "Space Oddity" both very clever and funny.

And that pigeon is indeed scary !
    I see, i thought something was like FUNNY funny
    The pigeon is scary, and it stole my french fry. I love french fries so much i hate sharing with others HAHA
    New Horizons

Support:

Congrats for finishing Mapvember, Voolf ! It was such a pleasure to have a little of your work all the month, and I already miss this thread so much !

(No one should yeat your french fries. No. One.)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567