Thread: Giant Yggdrasil style world tree and surrounding locations.

Default Giant Yggdrasil style world tree and surrounding locations.

Hello

I recently started up a DnD campaign in a custom setting and I'm falling in love with the world and would like a pretty map for us to play with. I'm frankensteining a lot of lore bits together from Eastern/Norse/DnD mythology.

I'd like to make it at least geographically plausible and I'm hoping to rely on the artist's experience to help me populate the map with interesting things.
    Here's what I have so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MNhp1uh.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	111183

Of course none of this is set in stone.

As far as quality-size-etc.. I just don't have any idea. This is the first time I've even considered something like this so please forgive my not knowing what I want.

I'm not sure If I should include my lore notes or even if they would be helpful.

Edit: I should mention that while I am willing to pay, my budget for this is pretty limited (~150). I don't think I'll be able to afford most professional level drawings.
    Last edited by Crux; 11-02-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Hi there, Crux!

I may be able to help you out with this! Feel free to browse my portfolio and, if interested, contact me for more info: http://www.jessicakhoury.com/maps

Cheers!
    Jess @ Lizard Ink Maps

Hey there Jessica!

We actually spoke via email recently about this very same map and you pointed me toward this great community

Haha! Yes, i thought this sounded familiar--glad you looked this place up! I'm sure you'll find an excellent cartographer to help you out.

Hey, I'd love to help you out! Since I am not that super experienced, your budget is more than alright with me. Actually I am currently training to do frames currently, and I'll for the maps that I will finish this week (3 of them, the latest this weekend) I will for the first time have used like coffee aging methods of the paper to really make it look like old maps. They are not finished yet, but I'll upload them as soon as they are. some other stuff I've done is on www.deviantart.com/zoraspringer
    If you're interested best contact me via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sabrina.hofmann.547) or discord (zora springer#2440), though I'll try to remember to look in here, too. I can send you the WIPs of the three maps I am currently working on via there too, if you're interested.