Thread: Need Help Making Map Look More Professional

Info Need Help Making Map Look More Professional

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deusala.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	111393

Hello all,

I am writing a self-published comic book and I am looking for an experienced cartographer to help turn the map that I have created into something that looks much better. The attached map is not completely finished and I also have an updated version. The job will be for both print and online use, I have pretty good amount of time as i am still working on issue 2 at the moment. This job will also entail creating several city maps as the project progresses, so it will not be just this continent. I would like to have several maps for different promotional items and an online lore encyclopedia for the world I am creating. If you are interested please reply here and I will contact you through email. I will need to be able to own the copyrights for all maps but full credit will be given to the cartographer and they will be able to use in any portfolios. As far as payment, I've never had to hire a cartographer but I do not have a big budget as my comic is completely self-published but I am willing to pay.

Thanks.

I apologize if I left anything out.

Hi Erickd! This sounds like the sort of project I do all the time, and I'd be happy to help you out if I can. Feel free to browse my portfolio and testimonials at http://www.JessicaKhoury.com/maps. You can contact me through the form on my website if you'd like a personalized quote or have any questions.

cheers,
    Jess @ Lizard Ink Maps

You should hire me because I made the mountain and tree brush you used in your example and isn't that wild. Here is my current fantasy map portfolio.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi there,

I would be interested in helping you out. You can take a look at my portfolio or my Deviantart gallery to get a sense of the kind of mapping work I have done in the past. While I don't currently have any city maps in my portfolio, I am perfectly comfortable taking on that kind of map as well. If you like what you see, you can shoot me an email at rela.simila[at]kellerica.com, and we can discuss things further. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
    -Kell
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hey Erickd,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

I'd be interested! I am all traditional though ^^ I can also do frames, if you're interested in that. Currently coloring a framed map. If you're interested either pm me here or add me on discord (Zora Springer#2440) or write me an email (sabrina.hofmann@rub.de). My prices are rather moderate and negotiable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bewilldred - Kopie.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	824.0 KB 
ID:	111501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kurad_Uncolored.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	6.35 MB 
ID:	111502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_Snake.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	739.6 KB 
ID:	111503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whimsical_country_map_for_game_masters___p2u_by_zoraspringer-dcrwoeq.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	111504
    Last edited by ZoraSpringer; 11-16-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Hello... My name is Stephen and I am the owner of Stoneflask Studio. We are a fantasy art studio that also does cartography in various styles. Please feel free to email me anytime at StoneflaskSTudio@gmail.com. Or you can message me on Discord at Stoneflask Studio#2181 with any specifics you would like to discuss. This will also allow me to show you many examples of our work. Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I will be contacting you in order to further discuss pricing and other details.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Hey there Erick,

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but still, I'd like to chime in! This looks like an awesome project.

I'm a passionate cartographer specialized in regional and city maps. Be sure to check out my portfolio if you want to get an idea of my work, and if you're interested in the opinions of past clients, you should definitely take a look at my references.

So! I'd be happy to create this awesome map for you. You'll be updated frequently, and you'll have the right to step in and request changes at any time. I really want this to be a fun and enriching experience for both of us, which it usually is! Mapping is a labour of love, and I'd be honoured to take your map under my wings and turn it into something awesome.
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 11-22-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!