Thread: Dragon Shrine BattleMap

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Default Dragon Shrine BattleMap

Completed this battle map last month and was rather proud of it but forgot to post here in the end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon shrine muddy gridless.jpg 
Views:	724 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	111547

Drawn on good ole pen and paper but I really wanted to try a new style with the cliffs and elevation changes to give that sense of depth. I've seen that more, up and down linework before and then tried to extend on from it with boulder like outcrops and such. give it a little more depth. The underbrush took quite a while to pen out, tried not to completely over do it haha.. in the end i might have stepped apart from the grid I was using so the stone steps are a little off in the end.

cleaned up linework

Name:	dragon shrine linework.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	111549

colouring took a while too getting it nice and neat with the linework - I'm one of those rather, lets call it fastidious, painters who likes keeping it everything in the lines and yes, that stems back to the ole days of colouring books. most of the main colours like grass, trees and bushes, steps, water, and stone are in their own layer and masked so i can block the colour differently if i needed. also helps with creating the variant above where i change around the hue and saturation levels on different layers.

Name:	dragon shrine basic.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	111551

then from there it's adding another colour layer for each and just adding a bit more texture,shadow, lighting, and extra detailing.

Name:	dragon shrine gridless.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	111552

don't as how long it took because i have absolutely no idea - i really should time it all one time.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks fantastic! I'd like to be more specific, but I really like everything about it.

Guild Apprentice ARockabillyRhino's Avatar

This is really great linework and color choice! The rocks look amazing, and the waterfalls are so dynamic!

Good work!

The depth you were able to add is amazing! Great map!

-Probis

Amazing map! A version with grids, please?

Fantastic Eri!!

Default Thanks

gonna use this for a dnd game

wow this is a really great map - like other people said the depth you added: fantastic! I love the dragon statue from above. Great job