Thread: Need help finishing this map.

Help Need help finishing this map.

About Me:
    I am an author, storyteller, and GM. We are finishing our long-term campaign that I stream every other Saturday (ends this Saturday), and I am gearing up for my next campaign, which will start some time in January. This time, a completely homebrew world. I also author a couple of articles on DM's guild, with more on the way, and eventually I plan to give Patreon a try, using World Anvil as one medium to provide what I hope to be not just one world, but two worlds full of rich content (one fantasy setting, the other science fiction). I also have a few other irons in the fire, because life would be boring if you did just one thing! Variety is the spice of life!

So...I'm not much of a cartographer. When it comes to artwork involving imagery of any kind, what I produce rarely matches what I see in my mind's eye, much to my frustration. I am hoping someone more talented than I can help me push this across the finish line!

Project Scope:
    A detailed, color map of 1 continent
    Size: 70 pixels per inch; 3500x3500 (for roll20 compatibility)

Description of Map:

This is a campaign map of the continent Melemar on the world of Beren'Dor. The terrains varies widely (desert, jungle, marshlands, etc.) It is a Fantasy setting with a mix of both high and dark fantasy motifs. Towns and names should not be provided, however the names of common geographical features should. My intent is to add a layer that will provide points of interest (POI) as players explore. I will be adding a layer to the image after the fact to add those.

I have a ROUGH outline of the continent using assets purchased from Roll20, but there are still key changes & additions needed (see attached):

• There are two areas to the coastline (in the north and south) that I would like changed to provide more land mass.
    • Not pictured are a few islands, 2 archipalegos, a glacier, and a volcanically volatile mountain range.
    • The rivers need to be completely redone to look better/more believable.

NOTE: Please have a link to your portfolio.

Technical:

• Must be 70 pixels per inch so it works well with Roll20.
    • It can be larger in size, but in multiples of 70 squared (e.g. 3570x3570, 3640x3640, etc.).
    • Must provide a layered image format (.png preferred, since I do not have photoshop.)
    • Transfer of file(s) by Google drive preferred.

Copyright:
    • Remains with the cartographer
    • I will retain a written, non-revocable right to reproduce the maps in the setting via world anvil, as well as any publishable materials I may produce as a result (via mediums such as Patreon, World Anvil, etc.)

Deadline:
    I can be somewhat flexible - Play tests in early January, so I can work with smaller segments of the finished map-in-progress. Main campaign begins mid-to-late January.

Payment:
    I'm willing to negotiate. Payments will be made via PayPal.

Brian Wetherell
    beemer127(at)gmail(dot)com
    Please use subject line "Melamar Campaign Map"

Note: I'll be accepting portfolio submissions, etc. until Wednesday, 11/28/2018 9PM ET.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berendor_Map_Unmarked.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	111684
    Last edited by beemer127; 11-27-2018 at 12:08 PM.

I don't know, Beemer127, I quite like it and think what you've got so far looks really good. You should finish it. I think your style is great.

I agree with Scott - your style looks great and quite unique. I know it's a lot of work finishing a map - and yours is quite an ambitious map - but I think it's really worth carrying on with this one. And if you need help, where better than here on the guild to get it

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer