Thread: Looking for help with a map for D&D's Out of the Abyss [SPOILERS!]

Default Looking for help with a map for D&D's Out of the Abyss [SPOILERS!]

Hello!

I am looking for an artist to assist me with mapping out one of the many encounters from the 5e D&D adventure Out of the Abyss. While much of the book has lovingly-rendered maps for each of the book's exotic, underground locales, there are a few that only have text descriptions. I use the Roll20 virtual tabletop to DM for remote players, and the added immersion that comes from having the map to-scale and dynamically lit is really important to my players and I. Unfortunately, as I am completely artistically inept, any attempts I've made at these locations usually wind up as crude, black & white line renderings or a mishmash of poorly assembled, Google-images-hijacked PNGs.

The particular map that I have in mind will encompass an underground cavern into which an ancient, arcane device called the Maze Engine has slid into a chasm and anchored itself above a lava pit (the book description I'll provide whomever helps with this is far more detailed). I'm thinking that this would require a map (duh), as well as a separate image file of the device itself that I might move around the map (.PNG with the background stripped out). While the size of the cavern isn't specifically stated, a five-foot grid where each grid square encompasses 70x70 pixels tends to require fairly large image files that are at a high resolution. I would also want enough detail in the Engine to be able to render it at its full, 20-foot diameter (140x140 px).

I would, of course, provide compensation for the artists' (cartographers'?) time. I do not intend on using the map for commercial purposes, and I would be happy to allow whomever assists me to add it to their portfolio for whatever purposes they desire. Deadline for completion would be sometime between now and January, if possible.

Thanks for your consideration!

Hi Theraficast,
    I'd be interested in working on this project with you. Feel free to check out my work at https://kate_moody.artstation.com, if you think my style works for what you'r looking for you can send an email to either kateam@optonline.net or use the contact form on my site.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Kate

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Hi there
    Would be Interested in making a battle map/dungeon space for you as well. I focus much of my work on battle maps and dungeon encounter spaces and you can see much of my work here in my profile.

You can contact me at ErinH84@gmail.com to talk further or if you prefer the chat program discord my ID is eri#7193