Thread: Arimel's Artistic Archive

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Default Arimel's Artistic Archive

Arimel. The intrepid explorer, cartographer, historian, and archaeologist of a bygone age. The wandering elf, the aged one, the loremaster.

Arimel lived on the planet of Orlos. He was well known for his general knowledge of all subjects throughout a wide period of time. Elves as a race are long lived, but Arimel was especially so. There are records of his influence as a negotiator, politician, and recorder for well over a thousand years. His histories alone span hundreds of large tomes, and some reference others that have been lost to time, showing that no specific number would be accurate to describe the amount he has written. No one knows how Arimel was able to be so strong an influence for such a long time, despite the many tales that claim to have the answer.

Now, if you did not already know, I am not Arimel, though his works are a wonder to me. Exploration and history have always fascinated me, but it was not through these skills that I discovered Arimel's Cave of Knowledge. Instead I wandered in by chance. The great wooden doors opened to my touch that day, revealing the mess of scrolls, tomes, charts, and drawings the loremaster had left. Since then, I have been held prisoner by my own greed for knowledge and curiosity about worlds untold. I cannot tell how much time has elapsed but each minute is spent diving into one work after another, and another, and another, and anoth... Of all of these great works, only a few can I actually share with the outside world, and even these are just glimpses of the wonders within. Here can they be shared under their original creator's name...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the start of 2018 there seemed to be a number of sketch threads that were created. I have toyed with the idea of starting one since then and have finally decided to do so. This thread will be for the occasional little maps that I do not feel merit a thread of their own or border on art rather than cartography (though they will all have a cartographic element).

+Disclaimer: Although these are the original works by Arimel, none of the cartography presented here will be on the skill level alluded to above (all of those exceptional works have been destroyed, gone missing, or were simply derived from legend and never existed).
    Last edited by Arimel; 01-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.