Thread: B-17 Bomber Photos from WW2

Default B-17 Bomber Photos from WW2

Here's a real world photo, rather than a map, but something worth looking at, this is the shore of Normandy (not sure exactly where) 3 days before D-Day. I use to run a graphic design/digital print studio, and a client who collected WW2 photos sold collections on EBay, and just as a customer purchased a set, the client came to my shop for me to scan and store the originals digitally. This photo was taken by a B-17 bomber flying over it from the 457th Bomber Group. If you zoom in you can see pill box gun turrets along the coast. Anyway, I thought the group might appreciate a potentially historic photo from WW2... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	457th-normandy.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	112343
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	457th-plaven-bridge-thumb.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	112344  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

wow, trippy.

We should see if we can find the same location in google earth and see how it looks today. I think that would be interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Interesting indeed, thanks, GP!