Thread: Kingdom of Laria

Map Kingdom of Laria

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laria_Map_Final-Resized.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	5.97 MB 
ID:	112427

This image is 1/10th the original size, but no image sites seem to be able to handle uploading files that big

This map was created by one of our concept artists (Kenji G.) for our game, Rise of the Makers. ROTM is a Zelda-style 2D top-down game that describes itself as a faster-paced version of Link to the Past with an updated, painterly art style. You can see more general artwork on our imgur page, but I figured the map is what you cartographers care most about

Zach
    Last edited by Zooch; 01-03-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Really gorgeous work on that. Definitely let Kenji know it's awesome.
    I suspect you've already told them so.

Oh yes, I think he's sick of me doting on him. This project took us roughly 3 months of part time working as each area had to be discussed in great detail to correspond with the game world, villages, mechanics and enemies.

BTW I should've linked his portfolio before for the +rep since he doesn't have an account here: https://www.artstation.com/shinkokuu

That is an amazing piece! Gorgeous paintwork, just gorgeous. I'll refrain from repping, though, not because the map didn't deserve it (I'd rep that ten times in a heartbeat if I could) but since you're apparently not the person who made it, and I prefer repping the actual artist

Thank you for posting this here, though, it's a perfect treat to start the mapping year!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is amazing! Such detail. And I love the vibrant colours. Makes me want to walk through this world.
    Hobbyist mapmaker. Mostly battlemaps!
    With a Patreon if you want more!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

That looks awesome!

I had already run into Kenji's AS page and was blown away by his painterly style. That's one epic map !