Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Logo

Default Logo

I have a bit of an odd request from the wonderful members of the cartographers guild.

I’m finishing up a custom build of a game table complete with a 55” 4K tv recessed in the middle. I’m running ahead of schedule and want to surprise my gaming group. They are aware that a new table is coming but don’t know any of the particulars and definitely aren’t expecting it so soon.

When I reveal this table I thought itÂ’d be cool to have a logo displayed prominently on the screen. Unfortunately Photoshop isnÂ’t one of my strengths and IÂ’m reluctant to ask any of my friends for fear of spoiling the surprise. If any of you would be gracious enough to help out it would be awesome!

The logo needs to say “The Heroes of Sandpoint”. It’s a long story but it’s become a catchphrase for our group. We run a fantasy game based loosely on Pathfinder utilizing GURPS mechanics. The logo can be as simple or complex as you’d like. Of course the group is going to be excited no matter what but I thought a cool “default” screen would put it over the top.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Would this be a paid commission? That is usually pretty important part to include in your request
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

If you are asking for a Logo and plan a paid commission ...
    I do a lot of them for gaming organizations and the like ...
    Feel free to check my samples here .
    In case you are interested you can contact me directly on Deviant Art .

Title says : [Unpaid] Logo

Default Unpaid

Yes, unpaid as included in the title. Still new to the protocols here. At this time my budget is wiped out from the build. Thank you though for your consideration!

Oh. I could have sworn it didn't have the tag. Sorry then, my bad!

Gurpsnut

It is extremaly hard to find someone to do the job for free. It is not impossible, there are some pople here who take unpaid commissions and help others for free, but one would not expect a high quality art.

That being said, even for someone who would like to help your for free, you gave too little information imo.
    All i know you need is a logo that says "The Heroes of Sandpoint". Is it just TEXT you need? Plain or fancy? Any additional imagery?
    Maybe you have some examples you are interested in to show.

This kind of info is necessary for person who would like to help you.
    If it's just a plain text using certain font you need, it is simple enough for you to do it by yourself using any free graphic raster or vector software.
    Last edited by Voolf; 01-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

As some examples of "not-high-quality-art" chopped together from some public-domain clipart (note that I am a programmer by trade, not an artist):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heroes-of-Sandpoint.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	112749 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heroes-of-Sandpoint-2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	112750
    Last edited by waldronate; 01-18-2019 at 11:41 PM.

That fork/knife center The Heroes of Sandpoint - a high fantasy catering crew! Bringing the magic of quality cuisine to YOUR event!

I'm sorry, Gurspnut, no offense intended! But Voolf has a point, unpaid is tricky and especially if you are in need of the job being completed fast. And like he said, some more info might give people a better idea of what you are after.

Some food for thought, though: you can find lots of free-to-download Photoshop layer styles out there that could be an easy way to get a decent logo thingy made. Even if you are not a master with the software, these are usually easy to download and then all you have to do is apply the style to your selected layer and presto! So you could try picking up a font you like, write the text on a PS layer, open up layers styles and pick one of the styles you've downloaded, and see if you can come up with something that would work for you. This is what a quick search got me. I haven't used any of these so I don't know if they are any good or not, but might be worth checking out. Add some basic background, a wood or a stonework texture layer, for instance, again you can find lots of these for free (Pixabay, for an example, is a pretty decent free stock photo resource, I've found some nice backgrounds and textures there). You might be better off with this, than to find people to do the work for free, which as Voolf said, is not impossible but most certainly might prove a tad difficult.

Lucky for you, I'm super high and I want some fantasy logo examples in my portfolio. As bequeaths such an arrangement, you now owe me 80 exposure dollars, preferably not of yourself.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast