Thread: World Map Needed

Post World Map Needed

Subject

Hello! I'm going to be starting a new D&D campaign later this year, and I'll need a world map to kick it all off. I've just recently started planning and I've got a map with three or four continents, holding 5 nations, each with a capital and several smaller towns, on an earth-sized map in mind.
    The campaign is mostly going to be a political campaign with large-scale battles and some time on the seas, so if you're able to provide crests/banners to mark territory, that would be awesome as well! I can provide names of the kingdoms. I don't really know the first thing about making maps, so I'm leaving it mostly up to you as to where land masses, geographical features, and everything is. Possibly thinking about having a wizard's tower somewhere on it as well.

I'm hoping to get both the labeled and unlabeled versions of this map.

Style

I'm looking for something like the following styles:

https://www.deviantart.com/maximepla...leth-454042121

The Kaleth map is almost exactly what I'm looking for. If this map had some of the small town and city markers from the Durant map (or if I knew where to get them so I could attempt to do it myself in GIMP), it'd be perfect.

https://www.deviantart.com/maximepla...rant-450898311

I like the Durant's map overall style and feel. I really like the little town/city markers and paths. If this looked like it had a few more resources for kingdoms to war over (or just markers showing some mines, etc.), plus its current kingdom crests and town names removed, it'd probably be perfect.

Quality & Size

This map will only be used for Roll20. I'd like it pretty high quality, so when players zoom in, they can see some detail. I'm hoping for around 5600 x 5600 pixels. (So 80x80 on Roll20) The file size will also need to be smaller than 10 MB to be uploaded to Roll20 (without compressing it).

Time Constraints

I'm hoping to have this finished in maybe 4-5 months. It all depends when my current campaign comes to an end, but 4 months should be the absolute earliest, so you've got some time.

Copyright

I will have the right to use the image for personal use, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of their portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Payment

I can pay via Paypal once it's completed. I'm hoping to get some quotes as I have no idea how much something like this would normally cost.

Contact Details

Reply to this post or e-mail me at:

muellerjm05 -- at -- gmail.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)
    Last edited by Hikariare; 02-08-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Hi there, and welcome to the Guild!

I'd be interested in helping you out with this project. You can get a sense of what kind of work I do by checking out my portfolio or my DeviantArt gallery. If you like what you see, shoot me an email at rela.simila [at] kellerica.com and we can discuss things further.

I look forward to hearing from you! Cheers,
    -Kell
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome to the guild!
    I am also interested, my website is here Domino44maps. I will also be sending you an email.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Bryan G. McWhirter's Avatar

Hello!

Check out my site Cartography.Games. I can cover a variety of styles to suit your mapping needs.

-Bryan G. McWhirter

I've gotten quite a few e-mails so far. I'll probably make my decision within the next couple of days, so keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by Hikariare; 02-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.

I've found someone to make my map. Please mark this thread as "taken!"